Planet Ice Solihull has an exciting opportunity for a Duty Manager
Planet Ice are looking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic Duty Manager to join the management structure at the Planet Ice Solihull. Have you got at least a year of Team Leader or Duty Management experience? Are you looking to join a company where there’s room to progress up the ladder in a fun and exciting environment where no two days are the same? This could be the role for you!
You would be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the ice rink, you will be supporting the General Manager and the rest of the management team. You will also take direct responsibility for the running of the F&B operation including our bar, café & vending operation.
You should possess the skills to work closely with the team to set and achieve key business standards and objectives. You will be responsible for implementing the company policies & procedures as well as adhering to Health & Safety legislation.
Your duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Opening/Closing the building as a Key Holder
- Overseeing the smooth operation of our various departments with a big focus on F&B
- Ensuring the building is safe, clean and welcoming through completion of all H&S paperwork
- Working alongside the General Manager to ensure that all members of staff have the relevant training and HR paperwork
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed within F&B
- Reveiewing all orders placed for the café, bar and vending
- First Aid when required
- Assisting customers with any issues they may experience while visiting us
You as a person will need to be
- A good communicator in person by phone & email.
- Have a passion for delivering a high quality customers experience.
- Passionate about delivering a high quality F&B experience
- Understand the importance of compliance with food hygiene standards
- Be able to motivate and manage staff providing leadership to utilise the full potential of the team.
- Oversee Health & Safety of customers and staff
- Have a methodical approach to cash handling and paper work.
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and cheerful attitude while working under pressure
The successful candidate will be keen to learn about the ice and events industry and will preferably have their own transport to and from work, as the role requires anti-social hours and regular weekend work. Reliability is a must, so excellent timekeeping and attendance record is essential. We’re looking for outgoing people who are confident in dealing with a huge spectrum of customers, while remaining professional and brand-aware.
The successful candidate will be provided with a Uniform, a competitive salary depending on experience as well as free Ice Skating sessions.
If you’re keen to make a difference in an industry where the demands of the role can change each day then we want to speak to you.
If you wish to apply please send your CV with a covering letter stating why you would like this opportunity to Matthew Poultney, General Manager – email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
Salary: £9.00 per hour starting hourly rate with a salary increase after a six month probationary period