At Planet Ice, the health and safety of our customers and staff members, is of paramount importance. Like many businesses in the UK, we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and following the advice provided by the UK’s health authorities.
In addition, we are working very closely with our sports governing body UK Active and other ice leisure operators in the UK.
We wanted to update you on the actions we are taking to keep you safe and how you, our members, can keep yourselves and others as safe as possible while enjoying the opportunity to train and stay fit and healthy.
What is Planet Ice doing?
First, in line with guidance from the authorities we have increased the frequency of cleaning and the focus on hygiene management in our facilities. Specifically, we have:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning high touch areas such as counters, door handles etc as well as key areas of the arenas: cafes, bars etc.
- Redoubled efforts to ensure that soap dispensers remain filled in all our toilet facilities and changing areas.
- Increased the number of hand sanitisers and ensured they are refilled frequently – these are typically located near the entrance / reception areas, skate hire area and main café areas.
- Continue to remind both customers and staff alike of the importance of good hygiene in the arenas at all times.
Our staff and customers are taking extra care to increase personal hygiene, which has meant demand for hand sanitiser gel and cleaning materials has increased significantly. We will continue to do everything we can to keep the venues well stocked of these items.
Secondly, within Planet Ice we have advised all staff members on what to do when returning from foreign travel, in line with the recommendations of UK health authorities.
Thirdly, we will keep you informed. Advice from the UK’s health authorities is very clear: the risk of a customer or staff member becoming infected if another customer or staff member has tested is positive is very low. However, if we are notified of any relevant issue at your ice rink, or if another customer contracts the virus whom has visited the arena, we will ensure the arena undertakes a thorough clean of the facility.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our advice as applicable. We encourage everyone visiting, working & performing in any Planet Ice venue to follow the current guidelines on personal hygiene, the key advice being:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap & water for at least 20 seconds/
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and follow the CATCH IT. BIN IT. KILL IT. Guidance
The latest official information is updated daily at 2pm and can be found here;