Together, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 by making a conscious effort to keep a physical distance between each other.
- Avoid common greetings, such as handshakes, a kiss or a hug
- Keep a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others.
- Put skates on in the car, if possible.
- Keep all personal equipment in a secure bag or leave it in the car.
- Coaches will use verbal cues when instructing students rather than physical contact.
- All warm-ups should be done outside of the building, weather permitting where possible & if safe to do so.
- Skaters should enter/exit ice at staggered times and separate entrances in accordance with the rink guidelines.
- Lesson plans should be adopted to ensure skaters and coaches are keeping a distance of at least 2 arms lengths. Utilize markers on the ice and new activities to ensure spacing is maintained.
Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when entering the building.
- Lessons have been scheduled to allow for skaters to exit and enter with minimal overlap or contact.
- Work with the facility operator to establish traffic flow patterns to discourage gatherings.
- Skaters arrive “rink ready”.
- Warm-ups can occur outdoors in a safe area, where social distancing can be followed.
- We will encourage constant movement on the ice.
- All skaters must bring their own personal items (gloves, facial tissues, water bottles, etc.)
- We will be utilising lanes for class/group work.
- No hands-on assistance unless a safety issue arises. Coaches will use verbal cues when instructing students rather than physical contact.
- There will be limit coach/skater contact during lessons.
- Lesson plans may be adapted to ensure skaters and coaches are practicing physical distancing.
- We will encourage people to stagger their departure to clear the area for the next session.
- Suggest cool down activities to be performed at home or in an outdoor safe area, where social distancing can be followed.
- At the end of each session disinfect all equipment and surfaces.
Parent & Toddler Sessions / Ice Penguin lessons:
- We will be reducing numbers on the ice (a maximum of 6 children plus accompanied adult per coach)
- Skating aids will be used as additional support at all times
- All equipment will be fully disinfected prior and after use (this will be undertaken by rink staff)
Skate Excellence Guidelines:
- We have reduced our numbers on the ice per lesson.
- Coaches will aim to keep the pupils moving during lesson
- Each individual rink will determine how best to subdivide/utilise the ice space dependent on the Skate Excellence level being taught & numbers within the group
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SKATERS PER COACH will be 10.