Arena InformationPlanet Ice Arena
1 Mallard Road
Arena Tel: 01733 260 222
Fax: 01733 261 021
|Penguin Hire||£5.00 [ 60 min ]|
|Ice Skating||[ See Timetable ]|
|Skate Hire Only||£8.20|
* Valid for over 21s only.
Under 21s must pay full admission.
We are delighted to announce the dates for our 201...
Alice in Wonderland on Ice
This Christmas sees a magical production of Alice in Wonderland on December 7th produced by Planet Ice in conjunction with the International School of Skating and Skate Excellence. The show has an 'off the wall' take on the well-known Victorian tale of a girl who disappears down a hole.
"This is a fantastic adaption of a popular children's classic.
It's a magical tale unravelled with beautiful skating and
a modern soundtrack" Karen Coombes - Show Choreographer
The cast comprises of national professional show skaters and skaters from the local community. It promises to be a fantastic night of singing and dancing all set on ice to a very modern soundtrack. Skaters are currently rehearsing for what promises to be one of the best ice shows thereís been in Milton Keynes for some time. There's a matinee performance at 13:00 and a further evening performance at 19:00 and tickets are available online at www.planet-ice.co.uk or the Arena Box office 01980 540020 priced at Adults £8.50, Children £5.50, Concessional £6.00, and Family of four price is Adult £8.00 and Children £3.00.
The Famous Elvis Show
For the Summer of 2017, Milton Keynes Arena are proud to announce The Famous Elvis Show.
CHRIS CONNOR stars with his live 12-piece energetic band 'THE STEELS', with the Sweet Harmonies. They will be recreating 2 huge concerts from Elvis in the 70's. - Selling out in theatres World Wide.
This show respectively and authentically recreates ELVIS at his very best. You will simply feel that you have been transported back in time. If you were not lucky enough to see Elvis live, you will walk away from this concert feeling that you have! Many Elvis fans are left emotionally moved when they leave the show.
There is only ONE Elvis Presley, however, fans all around the world are talking about CHRIS CONNOR, who is remarkably so very, very, close to Elvis in looks, voice and mannerisms. All audiences are in disbelief when Chris Connor takes to the stage!
Tickets are now available for the Famous Elvis Show from the Box office 01980 540020 or online at www.planet-ice.co.uk.
How To Get Here?
- 6 or 20 thirty minute lessons delivered weekly by Skate Excellence & NISA accredited Coaches
- FREE Boot Covers
- FREE Gloves
- FREE Certificate
6 Week Course Costs £60.00To see available dates, time, and book
20 Week Course Costs £180.00To see available dates, time, and book
Adult Skating CoursesAll our Planet Ice rinks make provision for Adults that would
like to learn to skate. We appreciate that some are looking
for a lifestyle change, meet new friends, to keep fit, or simply
brush up on skills you haven't used for years. Whatever
your reason most rink offer tailor made courses where you
can learn amongst people more your own age.
Toddler Skating CoursesWe have Ice Toddler skating classes most weekday's. We take toddlers from 18 months up to 5 years in our specially priced skating session. There are toys and games on the ice that are designed to encourage your little one to show an interest in ice skating. Parents love it because it gives them an opportunity to get out, meet other people in similar circumstances, and get the kids doing activities from an early age.
Disco Sessions - Junior Disco & Sub-Zero
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
Contact UsIf you wish to get in touch with this Planet Ice arena please use the form below.
One of our team will get back to you shortly.
If you want to follow in the blades of those on Dancing on Ice or have a burning (or should that be freezing?) desire to take to the ice for fun, then our top 10 tips for ice skating beginners should be just the ticket to have you skating confidently in no time, rather than skating like Bambi on ice.
- Donít look down when skating - Itís amazing how many people starting out in skating spend all their time looking at their feet rather than in the direction they are going. Instead, keep your head up and look in front of you so at least you can see who or what you are about to collide with!≠≠≠
- Get some good skates - If youíre stepping out for the first time, then hire skates available at most centres will be fine. But if you get the skating bug and decide to take it up, buy a decent pair of skates that will last and most importantly, fit well and provide good support.
- Tie skates the correct way - The right skates for you will not be the correct ones if they are tied incorrectly. Make sure your skates are not too tight or your feet will likely go numb, while having your skates too loose will not provide the proper support for your ankles.
- Warm up for skating slowly Ė Give that skating takes place generally in a cold arena, then your muscles are initially going to be cold. Prior to skating, itís not really wise to just throw your leg over a barrier and start stretching. Stretching in a cold environment can lead to muscle tears, so wrap up well (but not as to restrict your movement) and start with some bend and work up to stretching.
- Get some skating lessons Ė If you really want to master the basics, then taking some lessons is an absolute must. Take a few group lessons which are available at most rinks and for a variety of ages. Also take a friend along, as learning with someone will help you relax on the ice.
- Donít lean backwards when skating Ė Leaning back will likely send you flying on your backside or worse. The best advice is to keep your knees bent and your weight forward. Hold your arms out in front of you and open them wide to help you stay balanced.
- Thereís no stopping you! - Naturally, one of the basics youíll need to know is how to stop. To stop, bend your knees, turn the toes of each foot inwards, point your heels out, and push out on your heels. This will slow you down and bring you to a stop. Now thatís a relief!
- Skate in the correct direction Ė While initially the direction you are skating may not be of your choosing, there is usually a directional rule to follow on the ice, either clockwise or vice-versa. Donít try skating the wrong way round the ice rink as youíll end up hurting others and quite possibly yourself.
- Make use of temporary rinks Ė If you are not fortunate enough to have a skating rink near you, then make the most of temporary ice rinks if one pops up near you. Christmas is a particularly good time to try to visit a temporary ice rink in some major cities, so go along, youíll have a good time, whatever your skating experience.
- Donít take skating too seriously - When you fall down (and be sure you will), have a laugh about it and get right back up on your skates again. Don't take yourself or your skating too seriously, after all, even the best end up on their backside from time to time. Itís even funnier if you do it in style!
So there you have it, some useful ice skating tips to get you started. Remember that proper instruction is important, especially if you are wanting to make the step up to more advanced skating used in figure skating, ice hockey or speed skating. But if you are skating purely for fun, then make sure you actually have fun on the ice, and if the worst comes to the worst, make sure you have a good friend to hang onto.
After School Skating
Penguin ClubCustomer Notice: Please be advised that as of Monday 31st October the penguin club prices for an extra tot will be £4.30 with an ice card and £6.30 without an ice card.
Please be advised that Penguin Club will not run over the festive period, please see dates below.
- Sunday 25th December
- Tuesday 27th December
- Sunday 01st January
- Tuesday 03rd January
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
|Day||Start Time||End Time||Price|
Please Note: We also run a Skate Excellence Learn to skate ICE PENGUIN 6 week lessons for Toddlers. The Learn 2 Skate Ice Penguin program consists of 5 levels, each level is made up of small competencies, which that are the building blocks of skating skills with practice. The early learner skater will become familiar with the lesson format and intern will be able to achieve their individual learning outcome, to encourage progression the ice penguin. CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE