Arena InformationJarman Square
Arena Tel: 08458 725 799
|Penguin Hire||£5.00 [ 60 min ]|
|Ice Skating||[ See Timetable ]|
|Skate Hire Only||£6.70|
* Valid for over 21s only.
Under 21s must pay full admission.
This website and it's owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply´s to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. We currently use a third party company, IMP-UK Limited, to manage our IT systems (including this website and our social media presence) and to store our data. Ownership of the data remains with Planet Ice. Users contacting this website and/or it's owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and it's owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Planet Ice may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gatherWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Copy of our data security policy is available on request.
This website operates an email marketing system program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you and a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Marketing campaigns published by this website or it's owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
Operator DetailsPeterborough Winter Sports Club Limited
Company Number: 07713961
Charity Number: 1149081
Address: Jarman Square
Manager: Kerstin Engren
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website and it's owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy url's [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened url's published on social media platforms by this website and it's owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine url's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and it's owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
PromotionsOn every promotion booked there will be a £1 service charge.
Controlling your personal informationWe will not share, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and it's owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor it's owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
Planet Ice Head Office,
Muckley Corner House,
Tel 01543 363738
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
DisclaimerWe do not guarantee that the information on this website will be completely accurate, therefore Planet Ice will not be held responsible for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies published. It is advised that all visitors check information with rinks before setting out.
While every effort is made to prevent typographical errors, we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions which may appear on this web site or within email correspondence. We reserve the right to correct, adjust, alter, update or remove any matter on this web site without notice. Please contact us if you happen to run across any typographical errors or incomplete content, we appreciate your assistance with making our web site the best that it can be.
Card PaymentsPlease note we don't accept Amex cards at any of our Planet Ice arena's . We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
ComplaintsFor written complaints:
Planet Ice Head Office,,
Muckley Corner House,
October Half Term
There will be no morning patch from Monday 23rd October to Friday 27th October due to Christmas Show Touring Cast rehearsals Ė Public skating is available from 10am daily, however please be advised that there will be lessons running from 10am until 10.30am Monday through to Friday with limited Ice available. Full Ice Pad will be available from 10.30am.
30th October Ė 17th November Ė Monday to Friday
We are excited to announce the Dancing on Ice Profession skaterís rehearsals will take place between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. This will result in only half the ice pad being available to patch and public skater users.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
How To Get Here?
- 6 or 20 thirty minute lessons delivered weekly by Skate Excellence & NISA accredited Coaches
- FREE Boot Covers
- FREE Gloves
- FREE Certificate
6 Week Course Costs £60.00To see available dates, time, and book
20 Week Course Costs £180.00To see available dates, time, and book
Adult Skating CoursesAll our Planet Ice rinks make provision for Adults that would
like to learn to skate. We appreciate that some are looking
for a lifestyle change, meet new friends, to keep fit, or simply
brush up on skills you haven't used for years. Whatever
your reason most rink offer tailor made courses where you
can learn amongst people more your own age.
Toddler Skating CoursesWe have Ice Toddler skating classes most weekday's. We take toddlers from 18 months up to 5 years in our specially priced skating session. There are toys and games on the ice that are designed to encourage your little one to show an interest in ice skating. Parents love it because it gives them an opportunity to get out, meet other people in similar circumstances, and get the kids doing activities from an early age.
Disco Sessions - Junior Disco & Sub-Zero
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
|Start Time||End Time||Without Skates||With Skates|
Contact UsIf you wish to get in touch with this Planet Ice arena please use the form below.
One of our team will get back to you shortly.
If you want to follow in the blades of those on Dancing on Ice or have a burning (or should that be freezing?) desire to take to the ice for fun, then our top 10 tips for ice skating beginners should be just the ticket to have you skating confidently in no time, rather than skating like Bambi on ice.
- Donít look down when skating - Itís amazing how many people starting out in skating spend all their time looking at their feet rather than in the direction they are going. Instead, keep your head up and look in front of you so at least you can see who or what you are about to collide with!≠≠≠
- Get some good skates - If youíre stepping out for the first time, then hire skates available at most centres will be fine. But if you get the skating bug and decide to take it up, buy a decent pair of skates that will last and most importantly, fit well and provide good support.
- Tie skates the correct way - The right skates for you will not be the correct ones if they are tied incorrectly. Make sure your skates are not too tight or your feet will likely go numb, while having your skates too loose will not provide the proper support for your ankles.
- Warm up for skating slowly Ė Give that skating takes place generally in a cold arena, then your muscles are initially going to be cold. Prior to skating, itís not really wise to just throw your leg over a barrier and start stretching. Stretching in a cold environment can lead to muscle tears, so wrap up well (but not as to restrict your movement) and start with some bend and work up to stretching.
- Get some skating lessons Ė If you really want to master the basics, then taking some lessons is an absolute must. Take a few group lessons which are available at most rinks and for a variety of ages. Also take a friend along, as learning with someone will help you relax on the ice.
- Donít lean backwards when skating Ė Leaning back will likely send you flying on your backside or worse. The best advice is to keep your knees bent and your weight forward. Hold your arms out in front of you and open them wide to help you stay balanced.
- Thereís no stopping you! - Naturally, one of the basics youíll need to know is how to stop. To stop, bend your knees, turn the toes of each foot inwards, point your heels out, and push out on your heels. This will slow you down and bring you to a stop. Now thatís a relief!
- Skate in the correct direction Ė While initially the direction you are skating may not be of your choosing, there is usually a directional rule to follow on the ice, either clockwise or vice-versa. Donít try skating the wrong way round the ice rink as youíll end up hurting others and quite possibly yourself.
- Make use of temporary rinks Ė If you are not fortunate enough to have a skating rink near you, then make the most of temporary ice rinks if one pops up near you. Christmas is a particularly good time to try to visit a temporary ice rink in some major cities, so go along, youíll have a good time, whatever your skating experience.
- Donít take skating too seriously - When you fall down (and be sure you will), have a laugh about it and get right back up on your skates again. Don't take yourself or your skating too seriously, after all, even the best end up on their backside from time to time. Itís even funnier if you do it in style!
So there you have it, some useful ice skating tips to get you started. Remember that proper instruction is important, especially if you are wanting to make the step up to more advanced skating used in figure skating, ice hockey or speed skating. But if you are skating purely for fun, then make sure you actually have fun on the ice, and if the worst comes to the worst, make sure you have a good friend to hang onto.
After School Skating
|Day||Start Time||End Time||Price|
Please Note: We also run a Skate Excellence Learn to skate ICE PENGUIN 6 week lessons for Toddlers. The Learn 2 Skate Ice Penguin program consists of 5 levels, each level is made up of small competencies, which that are the building blocks of skating skills with practice. The early learner skater will become familiar with the lesson format and intern will be able to achieve their individual learning outcome, to encourage progression the ice penguin. CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE
|Family of 3||£23.40|
|Family of 4||£31.00|
|Family of 5||£38.00|
* There must be at least one adult (16+) to qualify for family prices. Hire included. These Family Prices are for ICE CARD Holders only. Non Ice Card Holders are subject to a £2.00 charge per person.
Meal DealChoice of Hot Dog/ Burger/ Veggie Burger with fries and a drink. £3.50 Per Person*
* Price for ICE Card holders only and includes skate hire.